Thursday, December 18, 2014

Little Tangles Challenge: Bling Bling


Today I am delighted to be contributing as a guest over on the Little Tangles challenge blog.  I am absolutely over the moon that I was asked to join in! This challenge this week is Bling Bling.  The card I created helped merge my crafty side with my nerdy side!


When Neat and Tangled came out with the A Long Time Ago and Time Warp stamp sets, I didn't even hesitate to snatch them up! They were perfect for this challenge.  To me, nothing is more blingy or sparkly than space and millions of stars! 

I started by using Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Chipped Saphire, and Dusty Concord on the background.  I started with the lightest color and moved darker while randomly placing the color. 

For the stamping, I used VersaMark Ink with Hero Arts white embossing powder to make it pop.  

Silver stars and Wink of Stella were added for the finishing touches. (I *promise* there is Wink of Stella on them- it just doesn't photograph well! I concentrated it in the middle and swiped it in the direction of the space lines.)

After I created the middle panel I matted it onto silver glitter paper and black cardstock.

Here are some close ups.



If you'd like to play along, check out the Little Tangles Blog and join in on the Bling Bling challenge.  





4 comments :

  1. You did a wonderful job on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being our guest designer! Your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love how the backgrounds came out and the glitter paper really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO fun!! LOVE the backgrounds, and the Star Wars theme!! Is your background a placemat from Target? If so...I have the same ones on my table, and I LOVE them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete