Sunday, September 21, 2014

One Happy Whovian

This weekened was without a doubt an epic experience!

Why you ask? I got to meet the 8th Doctor at the Cincinnati Comic Expo!

(He even signed my book, spontaneously hugged me and *gasp* kissed me on the cheek! Yes- I had a fangirl moment!)

IMG_2572



If you have never watched Doctor Who before, you may not understand why I find this SO awesome!  So let me explain.  I have been a Doctor Who fan (or as we call ourselves: a Whovian) for quite some time! Doctor Who is the longest running science fiction show in history and first aired in 1963.  Even though it is the longest running TV series, it has had quite a few actors play the role of the Doctor, 12 to be exact.  The show is marvoloues because it can get away with changing the actor who plays the main character by having him "regenerate" into a different actor.

Unforunately, I have come to realize that as a Whovian, we cannot fully explain the greatness of Doctor Who to a non-watcher without sounding completely insane while doing it! So I won't try to here! But I will urge anyone who hasn't seen the show to please go to Netflix and do so.  You'll thank me later.

Here are some of my other favorite moments from the Comic Expo this weekend!

  IMG_2567

IMG_2586

So let me leave you with some wise words from the Doctor.

“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13


No comments :

Post a Comment